Saturday, June 20, 2009
A Walk Through The Garden....
I love to get ideas for my ever growing garden. I started out with a blank palette. So far my garden is your average run-of-the-mill garden. I'm happy with what I have but I am always looking forward to expanding it. In June and July, Rick and I hit the Ann Arbor Garden Walk solo. We took a trip to the Battle Creek Garden Tour with Lori and Matt. Then we drug the Oliver girls to the Marshall Garden Tour with us. So far this year, we have received the most inspiration from the garden on the Ann Arbor Garden Tour.

The garden was constructed on a flat lot. The husband and wife duo worked hard by building up several garden beds using large boulders as their base. They then added multiple trees of several varieties throughout. The remaining space in the garden was infused with several varieties of low maintenance perennials. Having the same varieties located throughout the garden in different areas provided consistency and "flow" to the garden. I counted over 20 Japanese Maples!! The garden was titled "Labor of Love".
My favorite new plant that I feel in love with is the Foxtail Lily. Courtesy of Battle Creek garden tour. Thanks Lori for the invite. We had a blast! I simply love plants!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment