Saturday, October 3, 2009

'Tis The Season!!


I love this time of year. The crunch of leaves under your feet, the spell of fall air as the nights become crisp. With the season change comes hunting season. With Rick's crazy travel schedule, the last few years has left him feeling unsatisfied and wanting more. This year Rick actually took off opening day of bow season. It's a first since I have known him and I hope will become a tradition. Granted the first day didn't yielded him slaying Mr. Biggie-Biggie he has been stalking for several years but at least it didn't leaving him feeling unfulfilled.


Day Two... well that is another story. Rick got a deer, a perfect shot too. It was a doe and will put meat into our freeze that will help with grocery shopping throughout the rest of the season. Most importantly, it will relieve the pressure for him to selectively shoot his next kill. Hopefully it will be the one he has hoped for.

No comments: