Friday, October 9, 2009

Whatta Rush!!


Finally!! Alex got to play (his away number is 38).The weather was absolutely horrible. You know, the cold sideways rain that you question if it's really snow masquerading. Rick was at his traditional NRA banquet with Geoff so Tony and I made the trip to meet up with the rest of the family at the JV Football game in Whitmore Lake. We were getting a true stomping and in runs Alex for the 2 of the 3 last plays of the game. Whatta Rush.....

I thought he would literally be bouncing off the walls after waiting half the season for the opportunity. Apparently I was a little more geeked about the whole thing that he was. He was definitely ALL smiles but is more reserved in his celebration than I'm used to. If you ever saw Kyle do well in anything, well, its full body slams and running around at top speed shouting. I'm not used to the quiet victories. He was glad he got to play and was thrilled he broke through the line the first time with double coverage. Me? Well, I'm simply thrilled he is still going home in one piece. Way to go buddy!

No comments: