I asked for snow but now this is some S-N-O-W!!
I woke up with SweetPea at 3:15am and there was no snow at that time. The weather reports were conflicting - some Toledo channels suggest that it would miss us and others thought the snow would start falling at midnight. So at 3:15am, I thought if it's not here yet, we're probably not getting it so I reset the alarm clock. At 6:30am, Rick jumped out of bed for dog duty when the alarm clock went off and Opps!! We had easily 4-6 inches covering the truck. Normally on a good driving day and while carpooling, we leave at 7am. At 6:30am, we should have already been on the road with the current impeding road conditions. So, Rick being the fabulous husband he is, took care of dog duty, shoveling, etc. and I ran around the house cursing myself for resetting the alarm clock trying to throw myself together. We got on the road by 7:05am, later than we'd like with me still cursing but now at the roads.
The roads were horrible - drifts, ice, unplowed in area, high winds making visibility very low at times. However, Rick is a "Marvel" when it comes to handling a vehicle in this condition. I made it to work on time- actually 5 mins. early!! Whoop, Whoop!! The roads were pretty desolate since the smart people stayed home today. Thankfully we are a 'Truck Family'. If you're not, stay home...at the very least, stay out of Rick's way. Like Martin Bandyke says: Pack Your Patience!



1 comment:
I absolutely can't believe you went into work today, and on time. Are you crazy? I might have to check you in somewhere soon... I've got all wheel drive, but this stuff is nuts! I'm working from home today. :-)
Post a Comment