Anyone who knows me, knows my obsession with before and after pics. One of my favorite things is to take something from chaos and to create a sense of organization of it. If I could make a living by helping others get organized, well, then I would feel like I found my calling. I should see if I could find some organization that needs this skill.
BEFORE
I used to use my popcorn popper nearly daily. My first fried from overusage and my brother gave me this one one year as a gift (way to go Bradley!!). However, the spray butter overspray over time creates a mess.
AFTER
Some 409 and actually only a light elbow grease and in hardly no time it was restored to like new condition.
BEFOREDuring the holidays I didn't pay that much of attention to Rick's room. Yikes. It started to show that he is on the road alot. The overall effect was off for me. So just a little invention was needed.

AFTER
A little furniture swapping and re-arranging took this room to new heights. It feels much larger and Rick is actually using it for the purpose I had arranged it, as an office. Ahhh --organization!

BEFORE
Again, the holidays attacked. I have never been quite happy with this closet. I always buy organizational items when school starts because they are on sale. Sometimes when I purchase them I don't even know what I will use them for but it's always worth the investment to have them on hand when the chore arises that you will need them. One of Rick's biggest pet peeves is looking for something, especially when he is sick. The way the closet was previously organized was still unacceptable to him. He never says it but if continually asks where the same item is located then I know it's not working. PLUS this drives me nuts so it needed to be remedied.
I love organization! I like my linens in the same spot. Since I like to use matching towels at the same time so that way they are washed the same number of times and one is not a different color than the other, I keep them organized like that. I have since added the 3 drawer file. I have it sorted by medicines and bandages (Rick was soooo excited by this. It was tested the next night when he had a backache and knew right where to go and found his several items without one question. Ahhh.....organization! A simple way to save a marriage.), skin and hair care, and then "kits". I have always done this and have always been made fun of for this by my brother. I group things for ease of use. I keep everything I would need for nailcare/grooming in one "kit", everything I would need to prevent and treat poison ivy in one "kit", everything relating to my contacts in one "kit", etc. It's much easier when you are on the run and need something quickly to pull it out. Good thing too because last year my poison ivy kit got good use travelling and even better use being actually used. I think my brother always picks on me for this because secretly he thinks I'm a genius. He used to stop by my house in Clinton when he lived in the area during the work day for lunch and other various reasons but he always knew were to find things. He especially loved my first aid kit, my belly ache kit and my hangover remedy kit. Note: The closet has the same number of items in the before as there is in the after other than the purple and orange bath salts that were gifts. Isn't that a true test to organization? I have so much more room to use now. Oh...how can I fill it? Let me count the ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment