Saturday, February 7, 2009

My New Obsession: Cake Decorating

I have been wanting to learn to decorate cakes long before I think I even obsessed over this. Rick's mom made our wedding cake and I remember then how completely awesome I thought this skill was. Might I add how completely aswesome the cake tasted, looked and how grateful we were on our non-existance budget that she willing offered this skill.

Since we have gotten upgraded cable (The story behind that...Rick and I went without any tv for the first 3 months of moving into our new home so we could get adjusted to our new budget without unnecessary strain. Setting up cable and any kind of phone services are on my dreaded list of things to do so Rick took over this task to help me and we ended up with more than basic cable. His reasoning - I needed HGTV and Food Network....now I feel the need to watch tv but I do love him sometimes for doing these things because he really does know me).



I have been addicted to Food Network and Ace of Cakes (surprisingly considering how irritating Duff can be). I am also huge fans of Alton Brown and Iron Chef but those are things to discuss in another blog.


So, to stick with this year's new year's resolution to take one creative class each quarter, I have decided that I should elaborate on my desire to improve in this area. Lisa has already blogged about the dreaded complication to actually get registered and start the class. I should take this time to thank Lisa and Tony for sticking it out with me. It definitely wouldn't be as much fun without my great friends. Life is always better with a little sugar. Smooches. The first class lived up to my expectation thus far. So much so that I attempted to make Rick's birthday cake myself. I'm definitely going to need some practice. Well, not some but more like a ton. The cake started out white but after several failed practice attempts to make green stars and flowers (at the request of my man) I decided to add the green as a second layer. It was worth a shot. I'm going to need some help.....

ps. I got the box too. I love it. I have organized and re-organized it several times. Teehee!

No comments: