In life a little rain must fall...and boy did it fall!!
I started my Saturday morning by scrambling for canning jars. Much to my amateur surprise, canning jars have two different mouth openings - Regular and Wide Mouth. What's the difference? After a quick, panicked phone call to the best mother-in-law in the world, I discovered it was a preference thing instead of a requirement for different canning procedures. Rick and I made a quick trip to Pamida in Tecumseh to get more lids and 'just in case" more canning jars. MaryAnn, Rick's mom, came over to assist and oversee the process. The extra hands for my voyage journey was greatly appreciated. The first batch yield 12 quarts. Hmmm....not as many quarts as I would have hoped but still a wonderful feeling to know what I grew in my garden will be used year around. Rick was so inspired, he picked his parent's garden Sunday and did another 16 quarts! I can't wait to make the dishes I know how to cook best - spaghetti, goulash, chili and yes, spanish rice. Winter cooking is my forte!
Tomatoes - from beginning to end
After a much needed nap, we headed to Kara and Chad's wedding. Kara was Rick's girl-next-door, literally, his neighbor. Weddings always make me nostalgic of my day. Ahh...how the tears flowed. Yep, remember Lisa?
Kristal & 'Bubba' of W4 Country
Yum! When are they cutting the cake?

Sunday, the rain continued. With the rain we are getting here, I can't even begin to imagine Texas right now. But that didn't stop a planned shopping day with Lisa at Birch Run Outlet Mall. I needed a desperate wardrobe update and Lisa needed to add some essentials for her NY trip. As much as I hate the dreaded tag number, I had the absolute best time shopping!! Ann Taylor was our first stop and I scored a great pair of dress pants (the dreaded essential that never fits) and a cuff link shirt. I have always wanted one!! Yeah!! I also scored another 3 pair of pants that fit perfectly (imagine that?) and another perfectly coordinated shirt. While it may seem like I didn't purchase that much, I call the trip a complete success!! Not once did I get discouraged and I walked away encouraged with ideas overflowing. After hitting every store on our list, we made a mad dash for dinner completely famished. Shopping is a workout! En route to Olive Garden we were nearly struck by a hydroplaning car. Terrifying! However, my shopping trip wasn't. I can't wait for the next time!!
A sweater I debated on

I would never have thought of that!
2 comments:
oh crap, we forgot to talk about the scarf belts. I have tons! I guess there's going to have to be a next time now. hehehe. Canning looks fantastic! Can't wait to sample your winter forte. :-)
geesh...everyone had posts this weekend that made me jealous! i miss purchasing clothing. :)
Post a Comment