Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love a Good Game Plan...

Rick and I sat down and worked on planning next year. I know, come on, why would you put your vacations in writing before you know what the weather is going to be like, etc.? This is to avoid some of the pitfalls our busy schedules caused us this year, his last minute travelling and my real estate insaneness ~ lack of vacations with each other. We took our Pennsylvania trip on a whim and under pressure. That was really the only true vacation we had this year. We didn't even get in one backpacking trip, not ONE. This was, is and has been a big bummer for us both. Well, I believe strongly in putting pen to paper like Harvard says to do so we are trying something new, planning our vacations in advance. I even took it one step further and planned the 4 running races I want to do this year that coincide with my goals (I'll post soon I promise). Everything is updated in my Google calendar, for my "Accountability Partner-In-Crime" to see, and will be in my work calendars first thing in the morning. It's very refreshing, enlightening, and hopefully soon to be rewarding!!

So, that being said, I have in my calendar:

Jan. 31 - Feb. 3 Cross Country Ski Trip with Rick

Feb. 14th , 5 miles Frosty Five TRAIL run

March 13-15 Megan's wedding out of state.

April 24-27 First official backpacking trip

May 22-24 Backpacking trip #2

June 28, 5k Hospice of Lenawee in Blissfield

July 4-5 Geoff and Cheryl's cottage

July 31- Aug. 2 Backpacking Trip #3

Aug. 29- Sept. 7 GRAND CANYON trip, backpacking trip #4

Sept. 27, 5k Big House, Big Heart

Oct. 9 -12 Girl's weekend

Nov. 26th, 10k Turkey Trot in Detroit

No comments: