I will be out of commission for a few days...no emails, phone calls, possibly volunteering or wedding party bliss and no birthday party celebrations. I am excitedly getting surprise teeth extractions! I was able to hold them off to tomorrow but both dentist and oral surgeon want at least one, but preferably all three (I'm one short) out before the weekend.
One tooth is completely routine. That tooth has come in completely but since there is no tooth underneath in the lower jaw they want to remove it anyway. If that was the only tooth being removed, it wouldn't even require local and just a numbing agent instead. The other one is completely impacted (impacted means that it hasn't come in yet) but it's in the upper jaw and there is less pain and complications removing it and, again he said it's not a big deal. The problem is the lower right molar is pretty much completely impacted and causing big problems. In a way, I'm sort of thankful because it means that I am not a huge wimp. There is a small opening in the skin were the tooth is trying to come through and an infection has set in under the skin and causing severe gum irritation. There is simply not enough room for the little bugger. When I'm "under, the oral surgeon will see if there are any problems with the adjacent tooth and if we will need to do root canal in the future. I can't do the root canal at the time of the extraction so it would have to wait. I don't anticipate problems. The nerve is not that close where it shouldn't be over stimulated from the extraction and shouldn't cause any problems. His only concern is my current jaw pain and slight swelling of the jaw so there could be further inspection. The moral of the story: take care of your teeth - they are too close to your brain :) and expensive! The suck part is $375 out of my pocket with pretty decent health insurance (that thankfully I get through Rick because otherwise it's (gulp)$1350.). It's a good thing I had two closings this week. So sell a house, lose a tooth... teehee.
Otherwise, I'm thrilled! I can't quit grinning even though it sends a little twinge of pain through my mouth. I slept great knowing that we are working towards "Change" in the future. Thankfully the majority of the country has chosen to look beyond race and differences and come together to achieve what I anticipate and believe will be great things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha. You won't be taking phone calls. We'll see about that. I'll make it my mission to call you non-stop until you answer at least mine in a vicodin induced haze. I need stories to remind you of when we're 90!
Post a Comment