Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back in Action...

First and foremost....thank you, thank you, thank you for all the nice thoughts and birthday wishes. I got great phone calls, texts, emails, blogs and even a surprise visit wishing me well . It's nice to know I have great peeps! Also, a quick shout out to my mom for doing a great job of babying me "just enough" but not too much. *Smooches* to you all. So, time for an epic post to get everyone up to speed.


Wednesday, after a day full of surprises and being notified that my wisdom teeth had to be removed, I decided to prepare for "Mission : Recovery". Pssst...I made new affirmations for my recovery that I think have really been very, very helpful. I had my mom chanting them too.


1) I feel great
2) I am having a speedy recovery
3) I feel no pain

I only used one Vicodin for the whole weekend and that was only after an explosive sneeze that blasted out 2 drilled craters of stitches and blood clots. I'm getting into this whole affirmations thing. Hint: Keep the list short though.

So in preparation for "Mission : Recovery" One way to do that is to feel like I can be completely lazy. Yep~ this may come easy to some folks but for me, if I know I'm in the middle of a project or feel the burden of an uncompleted task, then it complicates the process. So, "Closet Relocation and Organization" had to be finalized. This is of course only after the house was stocked with soft foods. I have plenty of jell-o, pudding, fudge pops and creamsicles now. My favorites though were my mom's grilled cheese sandwich made with real butter and no crusts and chocolate mouse with cool whip. Yum!! There are pros to being in recovery. "Closet Relocation and Organization" ended up being easier than I thought it would be, probably because I had adrenaline of several sorts (anxiety, competitiveness, fear and stress) running through me at once. I had finished all my laundry the night before so that way I would be able to work with everything I owned. nfortunately, true to form, I can never work on one thing at a time. I say it's my ability to time manage but I really thing it's more the inability to do that. While cleaning out my closet I decided to sort what needed to go to Salvation Army too. Afterall, what's the point of relocating something that I wasn't going to use right? So, here is the unveiling of my fancy schmancy closet. I love it! Never again will I have to dig through my bins to find a certain pair of works socks or the right pair of undies for an outfit. The only drawback like I mentioned before is the constant running up and down the stairs with the fully functioning shower on the main level. I'm looking on the bright side and considering this extra exercise instead....not inconvenience.




While in the process, I decided that I needed to do a quick cleansing of my bedroom and make it more into a more calming sanctuary for my speedy recovery. I had planned on doing this in conjunction with the closet relocation project as a surprise for the return of my hubbie. I figured it would take me 2 days to complete prepping and painting (not my strong points for sure) and since I immediately lost one day due to surgery and recovery, well I just decided to bypass those steps completely instead. I have started to learn my boundaries and painting is something I know I can't do successfully on little sleep or while feeling rushed. I don't regret the decision to not paint I love the outcome. My new favorite decorating tool is Wall Words. Simple, easy and what a great outcome...love, love, LOVE them. I also had a little Lisa inspiration. I had bought some curtain panels from Ikea for the closet window and I didn't like them there. Well, I had this strange rod and hangar system left on the one wall from the previous owners so I thought, huh, why don't I hang the panels there to cover the cords. Love it! It really changes the appearance of the space too.


Thursday and Friday were dedicated to laying around, sleeping a lot and watching a lot of HGTV (and now I'm addicted to the Food Network too). Thanks to my mom and her anxiousness to make sure I remained in bed and tried resting she took care of my deep cleaning of the first floor. I really love my mom. Thanks again!! I really needed that rest and it made a HUGE difference.

After Rick's much awaited and anticipated return on Friday night, I began getting stircrazy on Saturday. I L-O-V-E my house, don't get me wrong, but I needed fresh air. Rick and I took SweetPea for a walk, raked some leaves and decided to venture out of my "safety zone" to Melody's wedding. I'm glad I did. I wanted her to know how important she is to me. Boy, did we have fun! However, without my five hour nap that day, I was tired after only a few hours.







Sunday, we picked up Rick's "Ole' Red" and finalized the night with the Brown Clan for dinner, and thankfully not a celebratory birthday one. I'm desperately craving MaryAnn's famous German Potato Salad which I can't enjoy in my current state so in a week or two the party will commence in celebration for yet another year added to my time on earth. One birthday wish I'm going to ask for is that I learn how to enjoy these days and actually celebrate them instead of dreading them. Anyways, I'm back in 90% full swing. I should be 100% in a week as far as the mouth and energy goes so watch out!! Thanks again everyone for the positive energy....I felt it long distance and it worked! I feel great and I'm having a speedy recovery (the pics from Saturday should show that!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love how proactive you are, woman, and I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a difference it makes in the long run to know you worked so hard to get through your challenges.

Hopefully I'll see ya soon!

Lady Lisa said...

I'm glad I got to see all your work pre-surgery in person, and you continue to amaze me on a daily basis. Only you would attend a wedding 2 days post-op! If these affirmations keep working for you, perhaps I have to consider making a few of my own...